Friday, April 1, 2011

Fat Day

Today I'm having a fat day...or should I say an especially fat day...b/c I'm clearly fat every day.

Anyhow.

Today I stepped out of the shower feeling fatter than normal.

It may have to do with two nights in a row of being less than angelic on the eating front compounded with not training since Tuesday.

Though I did do some walking yesterday.  Which was comedy in and of itself.

I discovered that apparently in a past life I was a drill sergent or something.  Here's how it played out.

Boyfriend and I went walking on a mile-ish loop in the burbs.  Yeah, I said it, I hang out in the burbs upon occasion.......

Upon completion of the first (and what the boyfriend hoped would be the last) loop, I apparently decided that we had not been getting enough exercise. Soooo....for the second loop that I tricked my poor guy into, he was subjected to me forcing him into sprint-walking 1 minute on- 1 minute off.   All the while shouting "Come on!  We can go faster!" And when he got shin splints, I found myself saying something akin to "suck it up." 

I guess I should probably never be a trainer.  Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Aryan, you are just too much. I can hear you speak everything you're writing and really have to commend you on being so candid! Remember not to be too hard on yourself though- you're really showing a lot more discipline than most people do on a regular basis. You're changing you lifestyle, so it's meant to be slower as it's not temporary. You know all this- but just wanted to be your cheerleader for a second as you really are doing amazing.. and sounding like you're also having fun doing it :)
    I'd love to catch up! I know you're anti-Facebook (as Mo told me!) but e-mail me and we can swap numbers! jackievfisher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete