Saturday, September 15, 2012

Irony..or Whatever

I find it darkly amusing that the catalyst for my being less than on track the last few weeks has been other people's nuptials.

Apparently I have a tough time passing up even a second, morsel, or drop of the festivities.

How much damage could be done in a couple of Saturdays, right?  There's only so much wedding cake a person can eat...so many trips to the bar a person can make.

Yeah, think again.

There is no such thing as a wedding day...it's a wedding weekend.  Sometimes 4 days long.  And all of your friends and/ or family are in town.  And you HAVE to show them around properly, right?!? What kind of friend would I be if I shirked my margarita y queso duties?!?!

The cakes (um, wedding AND groom's) and the open bar are the least of the evils.

So, it's a bit shocking that I managed to drop 3 lbs over the course of two wedding weekends.  Butttt.....the previous week I gained 3.  Sooooo......the last 3 weeks have been pretty much a wash--though I was "supposed to" rid myself of 9 big ones in that time.

I have like 2.5 months to drop 40 lbs to stay on track with my fantasy of beating my low by the end of November.  And 4 months until d-day for squeezing into the white dress.

According to one of my docs, it's only healthy to lose like ONE pound a week.  I'm no math wiz, but that's clearly not gonna work.

That "Freeze the Fat" billboard on 59 is becoming more effective by the minute.



No comments:

Post a Comment