Thursday, August 30, 2012

Doom...Doom...Doom

That's what rang in my head as I slinked into Weight Watchers this morning.

And doom is right.  3 pounds of doom.  Big ones.

My reaction to the less than auspicious results surprised me.

Instead of being irate, outraged, fired up...I was just plain bummed out, disheartened, deflated.

Last week I enjoyed a semblance of a "normal" life.

I stayed within my points 5 days, but went out with friends in from out of town...twice.  I didn't have a grilled chicken salad, no dressing on either occasion.  And my beverage(s) of choice packed a bit more of a punch than my usual water with lemon.

I worked hard at the gym 4 times...but not twice a day x 6 days.  And I downed 8-10 glasses of water per day instead of 16.

And so I was punished.  For hanging out instead of being at the gym....for going out instead of sitting alone forcing down a turkey sandwich on a single piece of wheat bread....for eating instead of pretending BBQ doesn't look good to me anyway....for drinking instead of watching.

"They" say it's all about moderation.  But this week it seems it's all about deprivation.

Am I feeling sorry for myself?  Absolutely.

Less so about the ground I lost...and more-so as I look into a week of more time at the gym, making excuses about why I can't go to lunch/ dinner with friends,  and convincing myself that I don't miss a dirty grey goose martini, two olives.

Yippee.




No comments:

Post a Comment