Thursday, August 9, 2012

The 6,205 Oreos of Inspiration

The love of my life has downed (68) oreos (2/3 of them double stuffed) since Monday.  And if he continues at this pace, he will pound 6,205 oreos annually.  Truly impressive.
During this oreo marathon, my love has come up with some gems:
-"They were a gift.  It would be rude to give them away."
-"It's not like I'm killing puppies.  I like oreos.  Is that a crime?"
-"It's not my fault.  I didn't buy them."
-"They are only 2 points."
-"That's what weekly points are for."

Which gets me to thinkin about excuses in general...and more specifically, the equally "logical" assertions that I have no doubt spouted upon (more than one) occasion since this journey began.
Truth is, there is little justification for the years I spent eating and drinking away my health...though I certainly was very successful at convincing myself of the validity of a multitude of excuses.   And, my choices, in aggregate, are no doubt even more ridiculous than ingesting one's bodyweight in creme filled cookies.  If that's possible.

An important realization...or so 12 step programs say.

So maybe the result of Oreo Fest 2012 will be more than cookie crumbs on my kitchen floor.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment