Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Point

A good friend of mine lost her father today.   Heartbreakingly, this is the most recent in what seems to be an overwhelmingly large number of losses that people I care about have suffered over the last little while.

And as I was shaking off the shock of the tragic news, I glared at my glass of green smoothie and said aloud "what's the fucking point?!?"

Some would say that the point is that living a clean, active life will give you the best chance at being around the people you love for longest time possible.  That food is merely fuel.

Others may argue that the point is getting the most out of life by indulging in all that it has to offer; deprivation diminishes the experience.

Truth is, I'd be one pissed off ghost if my last meal involved kale.

But would I be more irate if I came to learn that I ended my adventure on this earth prematurely because I couldn't manage to skip the delectable tapas paired with a dirty Grey Goose martini with two olives?

Definitely don't have the answer on this one.

Tonight, the point for me is to count the many blessings I seem to so easily forget at times and to hug those who are close, even tighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment