Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holy Shit....They Fit!!!

Today I woke up and made the decision before I could talk myself out of it.

I was gonna try on my wedding dresses (yes, two) for the first time in 4 months or so.

My dress fittings are in 22 days (but who's counting)--and I reluctantly had accepted the sad but true "reality" that on fitting day I needed to be ready with a plan b.  A solution to both frocks being no less than 5 inches short of closing last time I tested it out.  Perhaps a tent-esque white coverup?  sewing the dresses together? wearing a strategically placed and very large sombrero?

Deciding to get not 1, but 2, dresses 4 sizes too small..not my smartest moment.  If I were not me, I'd point and laugh at me.  Who DOES that?!?!?

I woke up 1,000,000% certain that it was doomsday.   There was less than zero chance that this was going to go anything other than tragically.

But somehow...a Christmas miracle happened for this Jew.

Those bitches zipped! BOTH of them!  Right on up!

I almost cried.

Now...I have pleeeenty of work to do still.  There's a biiiiig difference between a dress zipping and not being torture to wear all night.

But now I can spend my time on looking better in the dresses.... instead of on a wild goose chase for a cape to compliment my dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment