Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What Not to Wear

It's officially the start of week 6 of the "journey to Aryn version 3.2"--if I hear "New Year, New You!" one more time, I may just scream.

The big news so far this week (aside from the 4.2 lb loss that I have been skipping around telling anyone who will listen about), is that for the first time I wore a color coordinated outfit to the gym.

Generally, I show up at the gym resembling a homeless person.  No, really.  Perhaps it is because I miss the streets of San Francisco.  More likely, it has something to do with my personal view that my time at the gym is all about utility.  I mean, I'm gonna come out of the gym looking like shit--so why put much effort into going into the gym.  In fact, you are lucky I wear pants at all!

However, after looking around at all of the non-sweaters at my training gym I noticed that in addition to being bone dry and smiley, they all look cute.

So, I decided today that I would try it.  Well, sorta.

In lieu of my usual baggy grey t-shirt with some university or other on it and black ill-fitting adidas striped pants, I went for the purple ill-fitting adidas pants and a FITTED SHIRT that had a hint of purple in it.  Crazy, I know.  Now, I would definitely not go so far as to say that I looked hot...or even cute.  However, I definitely did not look like a vagabond.

The weirdest thing happened.  I'm fairly certain that I walked into the gym with a bit more of a spring in my step.  The mirror even became less of my foe.  And as odd as it may sound, I felt a bit more like I belonged there.

All of this from just taking 30 seconds to consider what to wear.

1 comment:

  1. As your official "star giver", I really enjoyed reading this! It gave me a better appreciation of what you need to accomplish. You're going to be very surprised at how much your journey inspires other people (and me!). Keep up the great work and let the scale tell the tale.....I have plenty of stars waiting.

    ReplyDelete