Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gold Star

Well, it's official.  I received my first Weight Watchers gold star.  Apparently WW gives you a gold star sticker for every 5 lbs that you lose--who knew (insert kindergarten flashbacks here).

So, I'm down almost 7 lbs at present.  Not entirely gold star worthy, I would say, but not coal in your stocking either.  

I'm sorta proud of my measly 7 lbs.  Mostly b/c it signifies that my body has gotten with the program and is now on the same page as my mind.  Or maybe it's b/c it represents my victory over the ball, the box, the half-ball, and my warm covers that do a pretty darn convincing job of talking me into not abandoning them at 6:15am. Or perhaps it's b/c it's easier to justify putting one's career and social life on hold when one has something to show for it.

For today, I'm choosing to ignore the fact that at this rate I'll be approximately 95 years old before I reach my goal weight.  And frankly, it's my right to remain blissfully naive--after all, I AM still basking in the glow of my brand new gold star!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Keep basking :) before you know it, you'll reach the next milestone.

    ReplyDelete