Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Music of the Night

It's 3:30amish.  And in my former life, I'd have just been returning from a night out--insanely over priced sushi, couple o' bars featuring martinis for $15+, late nite grub.  God that was fun.

Not exactly how it went down this evening.  One thing they don't tell ya about on The Biggest Loser is the whole waking up in the middle of the night aching all over thing.  I mean, it's totally logical--I went from fairly sedentary to gym rat in the span of a month--I should be sore.  I'm even kinda proud of it, to tell ya the truth.

This particular night, I woke up to an oddly topical infomercial.  As I was lying here cursing lactic acid, a montage of folks who have all lost 15+ lbs per week floats across the screen.  I scrambled for the volume up button.  It's some program that guarantees that you will lose 100+lbs in 7-12months whilst working out 40 min per week using some rubber bands.

You have no idea how much I wish that this program was "for real."  It's the swiftness of weight loss that I covet more than anything.  The working out I can deal with.  The eating like rabbit I can also stomach (ha, get it--"eat"..."stomach").  It's the sheer determination that my ample fat cells have to remaining on my body that is utterly infuriating.  3 lbs per week vs 15 lbs per week--huge difference.

Earlier this evening my mom mentioned to me that what she enjoys most about my blogs is that the majority of entries start with bitching and end with a relatively insightful moral (not exactly her words).

In this particular case, the espousing of a moral would be premature.  I mean, the moral clearly is something having to do with there being no silver bullet...the value of the journey...the importance of working hard for what you achieve.

I'm just not there yet.  If there was a silver bullet--I'd take it.  If I could skip this particular journey and end up svelte and fit--sign me up.

I do believe that it is highly likely that I will feel quite the opposite once I have successfully reached the top of the mountain.  I embrace this and moreover, am counting the minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aryn!

    Your mom told me about your blog. Sounds like you've got a tough job ahead of you, but a great attitude!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete