Monday, December 27, 2010

A Wise Man Once Said

The village that it apparently takes to get me fit has officially expanded.  I am so very appreciative to all of the folks who have taken the time to pass along words of wisdom and support.  Means more to me than you know, especially on the days when the challenge seems most daunting.

I received some particularly poignant feedback to my last post from my trainer; a take on the sitch definitely worth sharing.

A wise man once said:


A point system is like a ghost in a machine.  It's impossible to eat and be 100% aware or sure of your final tally.  The tally only works before you eat, not after.  Here is what I learned from your blog:
 
1)  You are learning restraint from the simple fact that you passed on a second glass of wine, pecan pie, and I'm sure many other things, too. In the past, that would not have happened.  Gold Star!
2)  You made a conscious effort to eat less and smart at a holiday meal when NO  ONE usually diets or even tries to eat smart.  Gold Star!
3) You approached the meal with the mindset of eating right and sticking with the plan.   Gold Star!
4)  So, you did learn at this meal not to trust your eye or your satiety.  We all know satiety hits at the point when we have already consumed a freight car. 
 
By my tally, that's 3 Gold Stars!!
 
Bottom line:  I think you're doing great.  This meal taught you some extras...that's all.  
 
Keep the feedback comin!  Means the world to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! The points should be counted in the beginning, not the end...Very wise :)

    ReplyDelete